Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Who is Kim?

Kimberly was my beautiful, intelligent  25 year old daughter.  Almost 2 years ago, on June 5, 2009, I received the worst phone call of my life.  My daughter had been rushed to the hospital unconscious.  She never made it.  My life was forever changed.  I would never again be able to call or text or email her about someone I had seen, or something I had heard.  I would never see my daughter get married.

She was the most unique individual I ever knew.  She was highly intelligent but often lacked common sense which provided much comic relief.  Her sense of style was one that on anyone else would be described as wacky, but somehow she pulled it off with flair.  She was not a girly girl, being the only sister to her three brothers.  She was assertive and bossy.  Her clothing and accessories were bold statements.  Yet she demonstrated her feminity in other ways.  She was nurturing and compassionate and supportive, and loved her friends dearly.

This was Kim......this IS Kim......and I miss her every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment